On January 6th 1936, the “Concorde 12 Foot Flying Squadron” was formed which eventually became the “Abbotsford 12 Foot Flying Squadron.” In 1937 the club name was changed to the “Concord, Abbotsford, and Gladesville Flying Squadron” but was commonly known amongst sailors as ‘CAGS’. The final name change only occurred in January 1952.Situated on the Parramatta River at the end of Great North Road; Abbotsford Sailing Club operates every Saturday (except Christmas & the first 2 weekends of January). There is a winter program held as well. Whether racing around marks in squally weather or pottering up and down on a sunny day, Abbotsford Sailing Club can provide an environment to fulfill anyone’s sailing ambitions. Over the years the club has hosted many different classes of boat including Vaucluse Juniors, Thorpe 12s as well as the classes sailed today.
Visit the Abbotsford 12ft Flying Squadron site at abbotsfordsailingclub.org.au
The Brisbane 18 Footers sailing Club sail more than 18 footers. We cater for sailors of all ages and experienced levels. Our classes include Sabots, Flying 11s, 125s, Corsairs, Lasers, 10 foot skiffs, Historic 18s, Classic 18s and even a few Winged 18 foot skiffs.
The Brisbane 18 Footer’s Sailing Club was officially formed in 1921, and apart from the war years, 18 footer racing has been conducted from the Club ever since. The Clubhouse was situated on the banks of the Brisbane River at Bulimba, directly opposite Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton until 2008 and now races on Waterloo Bay, using the Darling Point Sailing Squadron as its racing base for the 18ft skiffs, and the Brisbane Sailing Squadron on Bulimba Point for the Historical Skiff classes and junior sailing.
Visit the official site at brisbane18footers.com
Lane Cove has been the home of 12ft skiff racing since the early years of settlement. The Club takes as its origin a program for the Lane Cove Sailing Club for the 1896/97 season. In that year the club conducted races for yachts, boats over 15 feet and boats under 15 feet. Throughout its history the Club has developed and fostered close relationships with the wider local community. Upon the demise of the Cremorne Club at the end of the Great War, Lane Cove became the home of 12ft skiff racing in Australia. Today 12ft skiffs remain the Club’s senior class.
Visit the Lane Cove Website here
The Saratoga Sailing Club (SSC) officially opened in 1972. The club original founders were a group of very enthusiastic 12 foot skiff sailors who were also involved in the early days with the Abbotsford sailing club. Whether racing around marks in glorious weather or pottering up and down on a sunny day, Saratoga Sailing Club can provide an opportunity to sail and enjoy fine camaraderie with like minded people of all ages.
Visit the Saratoga Sailing Club site at sarasail.org.au
Woollahra Sailing Club had a very humble beginning. It was founded at a meeting on the 8th of May 1953 by ven enthusiastic Moth Class sailors resonating from the Woollahra Municipality, with Victor Friezer becoming President and Henry Arthur being appointed Club Captain. Located in stunning Rose Bay, the club boasts some of the best sailing in Australia with views to match. With Sydney winning the Olympic bid for 2000, Woollahra Sailing Club welcomed a large influx of Overseas Teams requiring boat space together with various facilities and services in order to train for the Olympics on Sydney Harbour. The apex of this influx was In December 1999, where there were hundreds of sailors and boats occupying the Club from no less than 23 different nations. Woollahra Sailing Club enters the New Millennium and its 50th Year with a sense of pride over its past and a clear vision for the years ahead. The Current Committee continues to navigate the Club into a bright and prosperous future- upholding the image of Woollahra Sailing Club being one of the most impressive dinghy sailing clubs in Australia.
Visit the Woollahra Sailing Club site at woollahrasailingclub.org.au
Powered by Events Manager